I recently got back from the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan where we spent four days touring around. It was so neat to see, and I especially enjoyed Petra which is one of the new 7 wonders of the world. We went to Mount Nebo where Moses had a view of the Holy Land and there is a Byzantine Church there to mark the site. We went to St. George's Orthodox Church in Madaba where there is a beautiful mosaic map of the Holy Land dated back to the 6th century AD on the floor of the church. This map shows what is left of the mosaic. I really love mosaics and think that they are beautiful-I plan to have a mosaic floor in my house one day...
Sunday, November 4, 2007
The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
I recently got back from the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan where we spent four days touring around. It was so neat to see, and I especially enjoyed Petra which is one of the new 7 wonders of the world. We went to Mount Nebo where Moses had a view of the Holy Land and there is a Byzantine Church there to mark the site. We went to St. George's Orthodox Church in Madaba where there is a beautiful mosaic map of the Holy Land dated back to the 6th century AD on the floor of the church. This map shows what is left of the mosaic. I really love mosaics and think that they are beautiful-I plan to have a mosaic floor in my house one day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love the picture of you with the camels... SO exotic!
The cave houses look cool! Do people still live there?
wow wow wow. You have the most exotic pictures in the family. It really is too bad you don't have a bookstore bag!
Quite impressive! having this wonderful brief about your trip around Jordan. Actually i know that this is a comments area but itt really pushes me on to say that you are really great to know important informations about plces you visited.. well ehat made me share others with this comment,is that im from Madaba & im glad to see others happy to visit my country.
Post a Comment